Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Peritonsillar abscess, snow day, ultrasound

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peritonsillar_abscess

Awesome!!!! Not!!! Lets just say, it doesn't surprise me one bit if I have this!!! Ugh!!! Load on the diagnoses!!!

Went to the doc for left ear nose and throat pain. Only the left, the right side is fine. Just like everything else in this pregnancy. Anyway....he did a rapid strep test. It came back neg and he decided to culture it just in case because my left tonsil is swollen. The doc suspects because its enlarged that food or one of my bajillion pills got stuck in one of the folds, causing irritation and possibly a hidden abscess. So he has me on an antibiotic. Yes, another freaking pill that my life will revolve around its schedule!!! Of course, it is take every 6 hours....blech. I hope that this helps. I hate the idea of having to take an antibiotic while pregnant, but what can u do?

I'm gonna take some meds and go to bed! I hope tonight I can sleep on my left side. Last night I couldn't. Every time I rolled on my left side everything began to drain and instantly stuffed me up! Ugh it was gross and annoying. Feeling snot drain down ur throat when u are already nauseous....man, indescribable!!!! Lol

Oh my gosh! I almost forgot!!! SNOW DAY tomorrow!!! Yahoo!!! Sent the hubby to get cookies to bake tmrw! Yummy!!!

Also, I did reschedule my ultrasound!!! The big city doctors were really awesome about making sure to keep my anatomy scan in the 20 weeks! Sooo that means we r going on Friday!!! I am so happy that I switched OBs!!! So happy!!!

Okay I'm exhausted and sick. Night all!

Until Later
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, But please note that I am human and by posting mean hurtful things, you are in fact HURTING my feelings. If you don't have anything nice to say, then you don't need to say anything at all. With that being said....I would love to hear from you =D