Friday, December 21, 2012

Ketones....Again....UGH

So just for the heck of it I checked my Ketones again today. This morning they were small so I didn't really think too much of it. But as you know, as the day wore on, I was feeling more and more sick and was dry heaving most of the afternoon. Anyway, once the Hubby got home and I rested for a while I decided to check my urine again for ketones, just because I can. OMG!!!! I was at a +4 that is really high!!! It is crazy high. I have had high ketones before, and I have felt this same "sick" you know the standard: Dry heaves, vomiting, tight arm, numb leg, left eye pressure, etc. When I had those symptoms in prior weeks it was before I had my test strips. So tonight i was able to make the association that when my ketones are high and I am in "starvation, dehydration" mode, my body has physiological changes to let me know that something is wrong!!! I immediately ate some Mr. Freeze popsicles, and drank some water. I tried to eat but, I wasn't able to take more than 2 bites.  *sigh* I will see how I am feeling tomorrow and if I am still positive for ketones, I guess it is another trip to the ER. I wish I could stash all the cash that we have spent on ER visits for a vacation! I would be able to go to Hawaii!!! ( i am not even kidding!!!) or, I could have just taken all this time off of work, because we could have used the "ER" money. so frustrating but SOOOO necessary. 

Until Later
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, But please note that I am human and by posting mean hurtful things, you are in fact HURTING my feelings. If you don't have anything nice to say, then you don't need to say anything at all. With that being said....I would love to hear from you =D