Sunday, December 23, 2012

Low on vitamin B5

I didn't even know this could happen. And apparently it is very rare to have an actual deficiency.

This morning I was reading through one of my many baby forums I have now become addicted to. Hey, you try laying in bed for weeks trying to keep your brain active! It will happen to you too! Ha ha!! Anyway... One of the girls in her signature line had something to the effect of surviving a B5 deficiency. Well of course this piqued my interest as in the past I had such a severe B12 deficiency I required weekly shots!! (That's a whole nother story!)
I of course googled it which led me to webmd, Wikipedia, and multiple other sites. I couldn't believe what I was reading!! It seriously fits me to a T!! Right down to the burning feet!!! Shortly after my big episode at 6 weeks my feet would burn every night between 10-12. The most bizarre thing. My OLD OB suggested athlete's foot! Ugh... It would burn all the time. Anyway, it went away after a couple of weeks. The other signs are unexplained numbness and tingling in ur extremities, muscle cramps, lethargy, insomnia, nausea, vomiting, and hormonal imbalances, etc.
It also stated it is rare because most people eat a balanced diet and B5 is in a lot of foods. Well.....when u have HG there is no such thing as a balanced diet! Or a diet for that matter. And thusly the sites state it is very common among PREGNANT WOMEN!!!
They suggest talking to ur OB if u want to start supplements. Ummm...YES!!! I will be calling on Monday!!!! And I am going to just ask if its okay I start the supplements. I'm already on B6 so what's another one?? They suggest 6mg per day for pregnant women under the direction of your OB.
Maybe I am so excited because this is a possible "fix" for some of my side effects, and its something that can easily BE FIXED. Who knows if my OB will approve me to take it or not, but if he does, I'd be happy even for the placebo effect! Lol!!
I'll keep u posted!!!

Until Later
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, But please note that I am human and by posting mean hurtful things, you are in fact HURTING my feelings. If you don't have anything nice to say, then you don't need to say anything at all. With that being said....I would love to hear from you =D