Thursday, January 24, 2013

Quick FMLA update and induction

so I hadn't heard anything from our employee health department about my FMLA so I just decided to call them, since I was feeling like I needed to use a day of it and didn't know if it had been approved.

I have never had a problem with the Employee Health Department. Especially the one person I always talk with/to. She has been more than helpful on more than on occasion. Actually multiple occasions. I need to fill out a satisfaction forn for her....Anyway...She told me I was approved for intermittent FMLA through May 6th my due date and if I needed it longer than that because baby girl was late, that they could adjust it as long as I hadn't used up all my time. REST ASSURED I corrected my ever so nice Employee Health Department Worker that that would NOT be necessary as I have already decided come 39 weeks, if baby girl is still all comfy in her home...an eviction noticed would be served. She giggled and played it off as a joke... I however...wasn't joking. I was as serious as can be.  SO.....got my FMLA approved and depending on how much I will need, I may even have some left over for maternity leave and May not have to go on Medical Leave of Absence. That would be awesome!

Back to induction....I have given this a lot of SERIOUS thought. With chitlin i didn't need to be induced. I had my membranes stripped at my 40 week appointment and 2 days later, my water broke and out she came. =-) no frills no thrills.

I know that with induction labor can be harder, but it can also be easier. I know there can be complications, but I know that with any birth there can be complications. I don't want to be selfish and be induced because I am uncomfortable, but part of me, thinks....If I make it to 39 weeks, that is 273 days of HG riddled pregnancy, I could use a week of early. Yes, I know a baby baked until full term is best. I know that. And that is the only thing holding me to not wanting to discuss induction with my OB. *sigh* I think, I hope to make it 273 days...whats 7 more? right? good lord....the personal dilemma. I am hoping that Baby Girl just listens when I tell her she can come early on her own when she is ready and that is AWESOME! maybe she will help me out with this dilemma and do it her way...I will say tho...If I go over 40 weeks....nope...no question...this baby is getting an eviction notice.  Chitlin was 2 days overdue....NO WAY I will do that this time. 40 weeks 280 days is all HG is getting, nothing more. NO WAY it has already taken that much of my life, it isn't getting a second more. NOT A SECOND. maybe that is how I will bring it up to the doc. yes, I think that is what I will do. I like that. okay, well....I am beyond tired, I had a gross barfy day, and tomorrow isn't going to be any better. so......

Until Later
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, But please note that I am human and by posting mean hurtful things, you are in fact HURTING my feelings. If you don't have anything nice to say, then you don't need to say anything at all. With that being said....I would love to hear from you =D