Thursday, February 14, 2013

Got my referral!!! BUT......

I went in to my primary doc today requesting a referral for neurology as I am still having all these symptoms! He whole heartedly agreed I needed a referral and even gave me one to the BIG CITY vs. the crummy one in town!! Thumbs up!!! I leave with my referral, I'm happy things are moving along :D

I call the BIG CITY neurology office and get a very nice woman who tells me that's great I got a referral, but that's not the process they follow....I ALMOST instantly burst into tears!!!! I explained I called on Tuesday...etc...she apologized and explained how it really works (I am crying by this time):
Step 1 u get a referral from ur doc...THEY CALL the BIG CITY office and it is logged and sent to triage.....where it then takes 5-7 days for a triage nurse to return a phone call to the patient to decide who and where they would be best suited to see and schedule ur appointment anywhere from weeks to MONTHS away.
Step 2 call ur insurance to make sure that they cover neurology....CHECK

So, I wouldn't be so upset EXCEPT...my doc and his nurse are out of the office for the test of today prolonging the whole thing. I call my docs office asking if another nurse could call in the referral as EVERYTHING that is needed is in my chart. It's all epic, easily accessed. I could tell u where everything is. The receptionist says to me, I'm pretty sure another nurse is not able to access that information and it wouldn't be recommended that someone other than ur doc or nurse go in ur chart. REALLY??? Come on lady!!! I work in the same damn system as you!!! U r giving me a line of bull$hit. Ugh....so now I wait and prolong my appointment even further. I really wouldn't care, but tmrw is Friday which is basically the weekend and u know nothing is going to start moving then. It's just going to sit in the system :(
1 victory to 1 defeat!!
I guess I've waited 22weeks what's 2 more!

Thanks for listening to me vent....hopefully I'll have better news tomorrow.

I'm exhausted and need a nap, but have to work soon. Blech!!! Really wish I didn't have to work! I'd love to be independently wealthy. Lol one can dream right???

Until Later
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, But please note that I am human and by posting mean hurtful things, you are in fact HURTING my feelings. If you don't have anything nice to say, then you don't need to say anything at all. With that being said....I would love to hear from you =D