Sunday, November 18, 2012

How My Anxiety Started

We were so thrilled!! And couldn't believe it happened so fast!! Way to go Girly parts on ovulating and way to go little swimmers for making your way there!

Woot woot! We r having a baby!

Around 6 weeks I went up north to my sister's to watch my nephew with my daughter. We had a great time. I wasn't eating like I should have been as I was busy playing with the kiddos. Saturday afternoon I stood up and my vision went blurry and my arm went numb! I told my sister and proceeded to freak out a bit. I chalked it up to not eating. After about 10 LONG minutes everything righted itself and we decided to get some food. Mmmmm Qdoba!! I ate, but I didn't feel better.

My daughter and I were meeting up with my parents at a local hotel to stay with them. We got to the hotel and I told my parents what happened and slid into the comfy hotel bed. I tried to nap. My dad took my daughter to the pool and they swam while I watched exhaustedly. (Yeah that is a word!) We ordered Chinese for dinner, I are some, and went to bed.

The next day I still didn't feel right. My dad was going to tailgate at the Packer game and my mom was going to a friend's. I dropped my mom off and stay for a little while. I told her I was going to leave because I still wasn't feeling well and had a long drive ahead of me with my daughter.

I stop for gas and call the hubs. I tell him when I get home I want him to take me to the ER because I am not feeling well. He said okay. I went to pay and when I came back to the truck my right arm went numb, the right side of my face went numb, the right side of my tongue went numb!! I FREAKED out!!! I called the hubs told him I was going to the ER right now! As I was driving there my vision started going blurry. I should have pulled over and called 911, but I didn't. The hospital was 2 blocks away. I called my mom and told her I was going to the ER but she couldn't understand me!! She kept saying, "What?? What did u say?! I can't understand you!" Slurred speech!!

OMG I was having a stroke!!! I am going to die in the parking lot of the ER and my poor 4 year old is going to witness this?!?!
"God, please let me make it into the ER."

I got out and almost fell to the ground my legs were shaky. I hobbled to let my daughter out and told her, "I love u soooo much!" She looked at me funny. Chances are that isn't what I really said. :(

I got inside and told them what happened and I was so scared. The first woman was very nice and cared. I had to wait about 10 mins before I got back in the ER. In that time I texted the hubs told him I loved him and that I was sorry if I didn't make it home.

The nurse that took me (and my daughter) back was NOT very nice! She told me this was all in my head and I was probably just hyper ventilating. "OMG lady I'm dying!!"

Rest of the story short, they ran tests, DIDN'T start an IV, and did an MRI. The Doc came out after the MRI and said, "Good news, u didn't have a stroke and u don't have MS (Multiple Sclerosis)." Okay what the hell is wrong with me then?? I very clearly was going to die!!

The doc said, "It was probably a migraine aura." And then gave me a Dx of Parethesis." And then discharged me. What??!!! I didn't get any answers??!!! *sigh*

My mom and dad had made it to the hospital as this was all happening. My dad drove me home and my daughter wanted to ride with grandma. We stopped for food and surprising I was able to eat. I was sick the whole 2.5 hour drive home.

I got home and crawled into bed. I didn't get out of bed for 3 days. It was horrible! I was having residual numbness and pain and felt HORRIBLE! Neither my OB or my primary care physician would follow up with more tests or an additional MRI. They both said, "The MRI was negative."

Thus where my anxiety started!!
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, But please note that I am human and by posting mean hurtful things, you are in fact HURTING my feelings. If you don't have anything nice to say, then you don't need to say anything at all. With that being said....I would love to hear from you =D