Saturday, November 24, 2012

ER Visit All IV All the Time

Well, here I sit at the ER. I gotta admit, they are GOOD here!!! I decided to go to the ER in the Big City. Hubby wasn't impressed with that decision at first as its about 45 mins in the opposite direction of my parents house (we had to drop the chitlin' off)

But once we got here, he was impressed. I got in right away! I didn't even get a chance to sit down.
Maybe it is because I may have scared the guy at the check in desk.
"Yes, I need to be seen. I'm 16+weeks pregnant and have Hyperemisis Gravidarum I need IV fluids."
"Um, okay, so u r pregnant."
"Yep, and I need an IV."

No sooner did I say that a Triage nurse came out and took us back. The ER doc met us in the room, I explained what I needed and she said, "Okay, sounds good to me." I couldn't believe it!! Someone actually listened to me!! Awesome!!!

The hubs got comfy in his usual spot, the extra chair. He closed his eyes and he was out. Still is, although he keeps trying to get comfy. It really isn't working for him. I feel bad. He said he had plans tonight with a friend. Oops!! Guess I blew that for him. I'd post a pix of him trying to get comfy but I don't wanna make him mad. Lol

They got my IV started right away, it's done now. I'm just waiting for my urinalysis to come back. Then they will decide if I need more or not.

They have TVs in the rooms. They are TINY I will see if I can post two pictures at a time. I'm posting from my iPod. It's on this metal swing arm. Kinda scared the TV might fall off the end. Lol

The nurses have been great and I'm glad I have had such a positive experience so far. This is where I plan on delivering the babers!!

Oh I almost forgot, we got to hear the heartbeat too between 130-140. Pretty strong they said. Took the poor nurse about 10 mins to find the little stinker!! Kept swimming away!! This babers sure doesn't like ultrasounds :) disturbs its sleep I guess!

Ok, will update after

Until Later
~J



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, But please note that I am human and by posting mean hurtful things, you are in fact HURTING my feelings. If you don't have anything nice to say, then you don't need to say anything at all. With that being said....I would love to hear from you =D