Thursday, May 23, 2013

Today was better

Today was a better day. Thank goodness. Still a lot of anxiety, but it was controlled. It's weird because it is almost all physical symptoms. Not to many intrusive thoughts. Nothing horrific anyway. Apparently some people have some pretty bad thoughts. I do not. I think my body is just rebelling. those darn hormones!!! LOL

I talked with a  friend today and I am going to look into calling an endocrinologist to have my thyroid looked at further and also my hormones in a couple of months. Hopefully things will be chilled out a bit by then. 

My friend posted this picture today:



Photo: Like us on Facebook @ Edible Harmony, subscribe to our recipes @ www.EdibleHarmony.com
☛ Here are some tips on how to recognize thyroid issues, the most common signs that 
point to a thyroid condition:

1. Muscle and Joint Pains – Aches and pains in your muscles and joints, weakness in the arms and a tendency to develop carpal tunnel in the arms/hands.
2. Neck Discomfort or Enlargement – A feeling of swelling in the neck, discomfort with turtlenecks or neckties.
3. Hair and Skin Changes –Hair frequently becomes brittle, coarse and dry, while breaking off and falling out easily. Skin can become coarse, thick, dry, and scaly.
4. Bowel Problems – Severe or long-term constipation and diarrhea or irritable bowel syndrome.
5. Menstrual Irregularities and Fertility Problems – Heavier, more frequent and more painful periods or shorter, lighter and infrequent Infertility can also be associated
6. Family History – If you have a family history of thyroid problems, you are at a higher risk of having a thyroid condition yourself.
7. Cholesterol Issues – High cholesterol, especially when it is not responsive to diet, exercise or cholesterol-lowering medication
8. Depression and Anxiety – Depression or anxiety, including sudden onset of panic disorder, can be symptoms of thyroid disease.
9. Weight Changes – Unexplained weight changes and issues can be signs of both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism.
10. Fatigue – Feeling exhausted when you wake up or being unable to function all day without a nap can be signs of thyroid problems.

Source Article: http://bit.ly/ZJmRB7
Source: PositiveMed
I hit every single one of these except family history. I don't believe anyone else in our family has thyroid problems, but I could be wrong.  The one that stood out in my mind the most was the sudden onset of panic disorder.  i mean, i had some normal pregnancy anxiety, but I wasn't having anxiety attacks 4-5x a day like I am now. I mean reallly? that was just yesterday, and a few weeks ago. I haven't had any today =D

Anyway.....So I am going to look up some phone numbers and make some calls tomorrow.  see what I can do. I am sure it will take awhile to get in and I am wondering about a referral. Going to try and go to bed early tonight. I hope Mary will let me.  I need good sleep!! going to bed at 12 isn't good. LOL 

Tonight I am thankful for:
naps
and
phone calls from family. 

Until Later
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, But please note that I am human and by posting mean hurtful things, you are in fact HURTING my feelings. If you don't have anything nice to say, then you don't need to say anything at all. With that being said....I would love to hear from you =D