Sunday, May 5, 2013

And the medical issues continue....

I'm just going to paraphrase this:
Been having palpitations, shortness of breath, chest pain...all the same crap, headache etc. called the OB on Friday he suggested some caffeine, drink, drink, drink, AND eat!!! Which I did need to do!!

I called my neuro cuz the headache was resulting in me vomiting the night before etc.... Neuro said I needed to go to the ER bcuz of just having baby and having a "botched" epi...
So 5 hours later in the ER with my poor husband (who was bored out of his mind) and the newborn, they said I was dehydrated and gave me an IV and my Blood pressure began to skyrocket!!! It was crazy!! 157/78 was really the only one I remember besides the one the nurse took which was 180/101. And that's just crazy to me!!! But that's what he told me. So they checked my urine for protien, did a head CT and a chest X-ray along with some blood tests. All to tell me that they don't know what's wrong with me, but they were will to admit me for observation, but baby couldn't come with unless hubs stayed with. So obviously I said no because what mom would leave her 4 day old!?? Plus the doc said chances are, in 24 hours they be able to find anything wrong anyway.... WTF??? I just don't know anymore!!!

So my plan is:
1. Call my OB tmrw to follow up to give the info from the ER.
2. Ask my OB if he is willing to be my primary care physician. If not, I will transfer to Dr. B who is really cool and I think I can be more open to her. Although, I shouldn't feel that way about my OB, but he isn't my pcp.
3. Talk to whoever is going to be my pcp about: epi side effects, high BP, thoughts/fears of blood clot in my lung. Although, if I did have one of substantial size....I'd probably know it!!
4. Contact my counselor to talk about my anxiety and medications and to talk about the side effects of HG.
5.Follow up with my neuro appt on Wednesday.

Gosh, that's a lot of stuff!!! But I gotta do it, and I have to be proactive not reactive!!!

I may just be panicking and my body just went through a very traumatic 9 months and my hormones are everywhere!!!! But I admit I need help through this. I'm strong but I'm not strong enough to keep going on by myself.

Everyone can always use a little help from their friends ;)

Until Later
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, But please note that I am human and by posting mean hurtful things, you are in fact HURTING my feelings. If you don't have anything nice to say, then you don't need to say anything at all. With that being said....I would love to hear from you =D