Friday, July 12, 2013

Down in the dumps

I really am feeling this way!! This last week has been absolutely horrible. I am so discouraged, overwhelmed, in pain, and just lost! I really thought I had a handle on this crappy anxiety! But my body and my brain just aren't working together! :( I don't even know how to think, or what to do!!! I just constantly am thinking what if...and why! Why am I still being tested in my emotional strength? Why can't life be how I need it to be?! I have 2 beautiful girls and a husband whom I love all very much, but feel the inability to be who they need me to be. How freaking disheartening! I need to continue to be positive. And I try every day, but this anxiety just breaks me down. 
I cannot believe I am even going to type this but here goes : I would take HG 3 times over than deal with anxiety. With HG I knew I was going to be sick, I knew I needed to take my meds, I knew I needed IV fluids, I knew I had my puke bag, I knew life was hard BUT I knew it was going to end!!! And even though it lasted a month AFTER baby girl got here, it ENDED and I knew it would!!!
I NEVER thought I could go through something worse than HG. Again, God has proved me wrong. 

Going to start ending on my positive notes again. I really fell off the band wagon with those. 

Tonight I am thankful for my mother.  We have not always seen eye to eye in the past but with the my increased anxiety she has really shown compassion and is understanding to my needs. 

Until Later
~ J

1 comment:

  1. *big hugs*
    I completely agree that Anxiety is so much harder to handle than HG. With HG you know what to expect and you know how hard it's going to be, but with anxiety it can be completely unknown and scary!
    I struggled with Anxiety for many years and I can somewhat relate to how you are feeling. I am not entirely sure what sorts of things you are using to deal with it, but I have a few suggestions that really helped me.
    Firstly my doctor got me on some meds that really helped the physical symptoms of my anxiety. I am really thankful that I did this and it was a great first step for me.
    The Next thing i did was get into therapy,(which I think you may already be doing) I found that with the meds It gave me enough relief from the anxiety that I was able to explore the causes and was able to start to grapple and deal with it.
    Lastly I found Yoga and Meditation. This was probably the most impact for me, I learned how to manage and process my anxiety.
    After almost two years of meds, thearapy and Yoga, I am now able to manage my anxiety.

    These are all suggestions and things that worked for me.

    Sending love and prayers you way, so that you can overcome this! I KNOW YOU CAN! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, But please note that I am human and by posting mean hurtful things, you are in fact HURTING my feelings. If you don't have anything nice to say, then you don't need to say anything at all. With that being said....I would love to hear from you =D